As a child, Robert Lamb dreamed of becoming a mad scientist when he grew up. As this profession proved to be largely fictional, however, he swallowed his heartbreak and turned his attention to the written word instead. He earned his bachelor's degree in creative writing from the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, which launched him on a career path through high school English classrooms, small-town newsrooms and finally into the offices of HowStuffWorks.
As a senior writer and podcaster for Stuff to Blow Your Mind, Robert now spends his days sifting through all the scientific wonders that make the world so mad and amazing. He currently lives in Atlanta with his lovely wife and their beautiful one-eyed cat. When he's not researching the apocalypse or the miracle we call a space toilet, he enjoys listening to electronic music, painting the odd miniature and writing fiction.
For more articles by Robert Lamb, check out the links on the next page.Robert's Blog:Robert's Podcast:Robert's Discovery News Page:
- How do the Ig Nobel Prizes work?
- What would nuclear winter be like?
- How the Smart Grid Will Work
- What will the Earth look like in 500 years?
- What will the Earth look like in 5,000 years?
- Is it possible to terraform Mars?
- What is a dimension, and how many are there?
- How Steam Technology Works
- What are UFOs really?
- How Fainting Goats Work
- How Houseflies Work
- Can you steal a few hairs from a racehorse and clone your own?
- Are we at the beginning of the end of Western civilization?
- When will life on Earth end?