- Freelance Writers: Apply to Write for HowStuffWorks.com
- Account Manager
- Build custom ad programs for blue-chip clients by working in tandem with the ad, editorial and ad operations teams across site, podcast, video, social, native and experiential offerings.
- Assist in the development of sales marketing material, general sales presentations, case studies, “one-sheets”, “mocks”, screen shots, etc. on an as needed basis.
- Have a fluency, understanding and/or show quick aptitude for learning and working with syndicated research such as ComScore to produce custom “runs” by demo for individual clients and creating compelling research cases for the platform in support of the direct sales efforts.
- Have fluency, understanding and/or show quick aptitude for learning DART inventory management system and work with Programmatic and Ad Ops in managing direct sold site inventory and editorial teams for direct sold podcast, video and experiential sponsorship inventory.
- Help manage pipeline of account prospects, field initial inquiries and respond with either appropriate material or surface to VP Sales or Programmatic.
- Work with ad, editorial and ad ops to coordinate the on-boarding process for new advertisers and ensuring that production specs are met and proper materials submitted in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all aspects of sold campaigns are launched accurately and on time, and that any needed launch verification material (screen shots, etc.) are sent to agency/client appropriately.
- Monitor ongoing campaigns to ensure that all elements and impressions are delivered appropriately based on approved proposal. Regular contact with client/agency to ensure delivery is properly optimized. Manage these day to day client/agency relationships positively to affect high client renewal rate.
- Create end of campaign reports to justify and demonstrate delivery for each client.
- 3+ years of account management experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent communication skills--both written and oral, comfortable working with client through email and over the phone
- Track record of success, with proven record to meet and exceed expectations
- Results oriented individual who strategically pursues business with energy and drive.
- Infectious passion about the benefits of technology and the internet
HowStuffWorks is looking for a member of the direct sales team for HowStuffWorks. This position will be the vital intersection point between our award winning editorial and fast growing direct sales teams as we aggressively scale the HowStuffWorks business platform.
Based in our state of the art editorial facilities in Atlanta’s new Ponce City Market, our Account Manager will interact directly on location with our editorial staff and remotely with sales, sales marketing and operations. We’re looking for a career oriented self-starter who has a minimum of 2 years of digital industry experience: advertising, sales, operations, marketing and/or content development. Must possesses understanding/some fluency of the language, terminology and current conditions of the current digital market eco-system.
At the onset, this position will be responsible for pre and post ad program sales.Responsibilities:
This is the first hire in what is anticipated to be a growing team. For the self-starter who shows the right skills, aptitude, positive attitude, proactive nature, hustle and teamwork, this role could potentially lead to a supervisory role in the future.Preferred Qualifications
About HowStuffWorks, Inc.
Founded in 1998, HowStuffWorks is an award-winning website that is home to thousands of articles, podcasts and videos that explain how the world really works. The site receives nearly 40 million unique visitors and 10 million podcast downloads per month. HowStuffWorks.com is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, and is a division of InfoSpace LLC.