A Smart Summer Starts with Understanding the Keys to Financial and Career Success
ATLANTA - May 27, 2009 - HowStuffWorks.com gives college students an honorary degree in curiosity with an essential post-graduation curriculum on life and continued learning. From financial issues to graduate school and entrepreneurial dreams, HowStuffWorks.com is the official guide to a smarter summer.
Career Resource Center
- Now more than ever, there is one document that every student needs to master regardless of major and aspirations. The resume (https://www.howstuffworks.com/how-to-write-a-resume.htm) puts a spotlight on personal accomplishments, experiences and responsibilities, and ideally, opens up opportunities and the eyes of desired employers.
- Whether aspiring to be a doctor (https://money.howstuffworks.com/becoming-a-doctor1.htm), a lawyer (https://money.howstuffworks.com/becoming-a-lawyer.htm), a business owner or anything in between, career-minded individuals should strengthen their personal networks offline and online with networking sites such as LinkedIn: https://computer.howstuffworks.com/linkedin.htm .
The Keys to Financial Success
- Student Loan Consolidation: An education at a four-year institution provides students a highly valued degree, and for millions of students, a tremendous amount of debt from living expenses and student loans. Take control of payments: https://money.howstuffworks.com/personal-finance/debt-management/debt-consolidation3.htm
- 10 Tips for Staying On Budget: Planning a successful financial future requires an understanding of how much money is available to spend and save at any given moment. There are many ways to create a budget and HowStuffWorks.com wants everyone to be cash savvy, analyze spending and focus on savings. Additional tips: https://money.howstuffworks.com/personal-finance/budgeting/10-tips-for-staying-on-budget.htm
- How to Make A Million Dollars: Anyone who saves and invests money every month has the potential to become a millionaire at some point. Learn valuable tips and discover the moneymaking influencer that Einstein called the eighth wonder of the world: https://money.howstuffworks.com/personal-finance/budgeting/how-to-million-dollars.htm
"Today's college students are graduating into a culture where smart is cool and intelligence is admired," said Marshall Brain, the founder and original mastermind behind HowStuffWorks.com. "In any economy, students who have an in-depth understanding of life's challenges and opportunities -- whether financial or personal -- carry with them a rewarding road map. Preparation, in the form of learning, is the key to success."
HowStuffWorks.com (https://www.howstuffworks.com) is an online source of credible, unbiased and easy-to-understand explanations of how the world actually works. The site has won hundreds of awards since its inception, including multiple Webby Awards, Time Magazine's "25 Web Sites We Can't Live Without" and PC Magazine's "Top 100 Web Sites." In December 2007, HowStuffWorks.com was acquired by Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISAD) (Nasdaq: DISBD) (Nasdaq: DISCK) and became part of Discovery's digital media strategy. Headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., HowStuffWorks.com was a subsidiary of The Convex Group, a media and technology company, from 2003 to 2007.
RSS feeds: https://www.howstuffworks.com/rss-feeds.htm