HowStuffWorks - East Coast Vice President of Sales
HowStuffWorks is adding an East Coast Vice President of Sales to our team.
HowStuffWorks is an award-winning publisher of informative video, podcast and editorial content focused on explaining the world around us. Founded in 1998, HowStuffWorks is home to such brands as Stuff You Should Know, Stuff You Missed in History Class, and Stuff Mom Never Told You.
The company’s writers, editors, podcasters and video hosts share easy-to-understand answers for how the world actually works with highly engaged fan bases across multiple platforms, devices and distribution partners. HowStuffWorks reaches over 20 million visitors a month, and is a global leader in the podcast space.
Location – Prefer candidates live in the New York area
Learn more about HowStuffWorks at www.HowStuffWorks.com
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Aggressively prospect, develop, and close leads using a variety of sources.
- Work directly with business discuss and understand their needs and then develop customized solutions to drive leads to their business.
- Own entire sales process from prospecting to completion of the sale
- Ability to utilize technology to engage clients.
- Meet and exceed individual daily, weekly and monthly sales goals.
- Consultative selling of our marketing solutions by understanding clients’ advertising needs and developing the ideal marketing solution for each
- Closing deals towards your annual sales goals
- Research, fill out, and present RFPs
- Work with internal teams to ensure client satisfaction and of upsells of renewals.
- Owning and fostering relationships across direct and agencies to drive revenue growth
- Continual self-education on industry news and trends
- Producing regular forecasts and call reports to keep the organization and senior management informed of all account activity
- Participating in the development of long-term growth strategy for accounts
- Strong business development focus, willing to prospect and uncover new potential digital advertisers and drive to develop opportunities from prospect level through to deal close.
- An understanding and passion for the digital world we live in including social media and digital advertising
- Individually driven to work in a highly competitive environment where success is the only option.
- Build and lead a team. Continually adapt processes, strategies, and support as group matures.
- Ability to collaborate, think strategically and develop key messaging/positioning
- Strong communication, presentation, development and delivery skills. Ability to translate technical concepts for less-technically minded colleagues & clients
- Exceptional attention to detail and highly organized with the ability to lead and/or manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Overall Minimum Experience: 5 - 8 years in sales at a brand and/or agency
About HowStuffWorks, Inc.
Founded in 1998, HowStuffWorks is an award-winning website that is home to thousands of articles, podcasts and videos that explain how the world really works. The site receives nearly 40 million unique visitors and 10 million podcast downloads per month. HowStuffWorks.com is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a division of OpenMail.