Atlanta, October 23, 2008 - All Hallow's Eve is just around the corner and HowStuffWorks.com, the Web site famous for its easy-to-understand explanations of how the world actually works, is taking a walk on the spooky side. For anyone interested in learning more about things that go bump in the night, HowStuffWorks.com's Halloween Channel (http://people.howstuffworks.com/halloween-channel.htm) offers an inside look at everything from the scariest tricks to the sweetest treats.
Highlights from our Halloween Channel include:
- How Haunted Houses Work (http://people.howstuffworks.com/haunted-house.htm)
- Top 5 Hotels that Will Scare the Daylights Out of You (http://adventure.howstuffworks.com/top-5-haunted-hotels.htm)
- How to Throw a Halloween Party (http://people.howstuffworks.com/how-to-throw-a-halloween-party.htm)
- How to Carve a Pumpkin (http://people.howstuffworks.com/pumpkin-carve.htm)
- How Ghosts Work (http://science.howstuffworks.com/ghost.htm)
For more fun facts about America's favorite fright night, headless horseman and eerie black cats, visit HowStuffWorks.com ---a site so informative, it's scary.
HowStuffWorks.com (http://www.howstuffworks.com) is an online source of credible, unbiased and easy-to-understand explanations of how the world actually works. The site has won hundreds of awards since its inception, including multiple Webby awards, Time Magazine's "25 Web Sites We Can't Live Without" and PC Magazine's "Top 100 Web Sites." In December 2007, HowStuffWorks.com was acquired by Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISAD, DISBD, DISCK) and became part of Discovery's digital media strategy. Headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., HowStuffWorks.com was a subsidiary of The Convex Group, a media and technology company, from 2003 to 2007.